Saturday, November 9, 2013

Leaning In

For a while now I've had the hankering to start a blog about my professional life. My fear of offending coworkers or writing about something inappropriate has so far held me back. Recently however, I read the book Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg, and it inspired me to follow through with my idea.

There are a lot of young women out there like me who are striving to have a career while trying to balance a social life and all the social pressures that come along with being a "career woman."  I'm not sure what this blog will turn into, but I'm ready to plow ahead. 

I love sharing my experience, and find it even more beneficial to have captured my thoughts and emotions in writing the moment I was experiencing them.  Memory has an odd way of morphing our ideas of what actually happened over time.  We lose the details, which many times are the best part.

So Sheryl(if you ever read this), and anyone else who is gracing this page with the presence of their time, this is me "Leaning In."  I hope you enjoy it, and maybe even can take something away from it that will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment